IBM: Black Friday Online Retail Spending Up 24.3 Percent | TechCrunch
Thanksgiving brought record online retail sales for the holiday, with spending up 39.3 percent over Thanksgiving 2010. And today, IBM Coremetrics data shows a 24.3 percent growth in online sales on Black Friday compared to the same period last year.
Mobile traffic on Black Friday was 14.3 percent of all retail traffic  compared to 5.6 percent in 2010. Sales on mobile devices surged to 9.8  percent from 3.2 percent year over year. As we saw with PayPal stats from Thanksgiving and Black Friday, mobile shopping volume is increasing by over 500 percent this year.
Mobile shopping was actually led by Apple devices, with the iPhone  and iPad ranking one and two for consumers shopping on mobile devices  (5.4 percent and 4.8 percent respectively). Android came in third at 4.1  percent. Collectively iPhone and iPad accounted for 10.2 percent of all  online retail traffic on Black Friday.
As predicted by eBay, Google and others, tablets were a major platform for shoppers this year. IBM  says that shoppers using the iPad led to more retail purchases more  often per visit than other mobile devices with conversion rates reaching  4.6 percent compared to 2.8 percent for overall mobile devices.

IBM: Black Friday Online Retail Spending Up 24.3 Percent | TechCrunch

Thanksgiving brought record online retail sales for the holiday, with spending up 39.3 percent over Thanksgiving 2010. And today, IBM Coremetrics data shows a 24.3 percent growth in online sales on Black Friday compared to the same period last year.

Mobile traffic on Black Friday was 14.3 percent of all retail traffic compared to 5.6 percent in 2010. Sales on mobile devices surged to 9.8 percent from 3.2 percent year over year. As we saw with PayPal stats from Thanksgiving and Black Friday, mobile shopping volume is increasing by over 500 percent this year.

Mobile shopping was actually led by Apple devices, with the iPhone and iPad ranking one and two for consumers shopping on mobile devices (5.4 percent and 4.8 percent respectively). Android came in third at 4.1 percent. Collectively iPhone and iPad accounted for 10.2 percent of all online retail traffic on Black Friday.

As predicted by eBay, Google and others, tablets were a major platform for shoppers this year. IBM says that shoppers using the iPad led to more retail purchases more often per visit than other mobile devices with conversion rates reaching 4.6 percent compared to 2.8 percent for overall mobile devices.

Notes

Recent comments

Blog comments powered by Disqus