IBM updates its Connections social enterprise software, eyes analytics | ZDNet
IBM on Wednesday made the latest version of its Connections social enterprise software generally available with updated activity streams, more mobile support and analytics features.
The Connections software, technically Connections 4.0, includes the following:
- A revamped activity stream for a consolidated social dashboard. The general idea is that users can act within the activity stream to approve travel requests and expenses among other items.
- Support for Apple’s latest iPhone, which will be unveiled today, the iPad, Windows Phone and Android devices.
- Trending topics within the enterprise and social network.
- Integration with enterprise email and calendar tools.
- On-premise and cloud delivery options.
Many of these features were highlighted in our recent interview with Jeff Schick, IBM’s social software lead.
IBM is ranked the top social software vendor by IDC and Big Blue has been touting its large clients, including Primerica, LeasePlan, Bayer and other large companies. IBM also has built a network of 39,000 partners to build on top of Connections, which started as an internal collaboration tool before being productized.