IBM Social Business Jam - Overview
Join us February 8-11, 2011 for an important dialog about the growing influence of social technology in business.
Social Business Jam Topics
The Social Business Jam will address a core set of topics that organizations are seeking to better understand:
Building the Social Business of the Future
- What new social innovations can we theorize?
- How can social technologies help to deliver value through core business processes (R&D, HR, Finance etc).?
- Forum Host: Alistair Rennie, General Manager, IBM Collaboration Solutions
Building Participatory Organizations Through Social Adoption
- How can we align our organizational model, culture, and leadership social business adoption?
- How do we quantify the value of Social Business for the enterprise?
- Forum Host: Denis Brousseau, Vice President and Global Leader, Organization and People
Using Social to Understand and Engage with Customers
- How does Social Business impact the future of CRM, marketing or communications
- What are the implications for the way we manage brands?
- Forum Host: Jon Iwata, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications
What Social means for IT
- How can IT organizations get these social technologies implemented in organizations?
- What technology options are there available to enable this transformation?
- Forum Host: Patrick Toole, Vice President and Chief Information Officer of IBM
Identifying Risks and Establishing Governance
- What are the real risks of Social Business for the enterprise?
- What are the right policies and strategies to manage social interactions internally and externally?
- Forum Host: Harriet Pearson, Vice President, Security Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer